The Amy Schulz Child Advocacy Center and our partners are the front-line responders to reports of sexual abuse, as well as reports of severe physical abuse of children. We provide children with a safe place to share their story in their own words with experts who will listen to them, protect them and help them heal.
The Amy Schulz Child Advocacy Center was founded in 1990 by Dennis Schulz, in memory of his daughter, Amy. Amy was abducted, sexually assaulted, and murdered. After Amy’s death, Dennis learned that nearly half a million children are reported as victims of sexual abuse each year. Learn more about the Amy Center history.
The Center serves a seven county region of South Central Illinois: Clinton, Marion, Clay, Washington, Jefferson, Wayne and Hamilton counties. Except for our Stewards of Children program which requires a small fee, the CAC’s services are free of charge to every client and the CAC is a not-for-profit charitable organization.
- Reduce the number of interviews the child victim must endure; and coordinate and deliver services in an expeditious manner
- Support services will be provided for the victims and the victims family
- Conduct forensic interviews in a non-institutional setting
- A comprehensive Prevention Program on child abuse is offered to children in pre-school through high school
- Provide training and public speakers
The Amy Schulz Child Advocacy Center is providing a safe place for children who are victims of sexual or severe physical abuse. The board, staff and multi-disciplinary team members work together to provide intervention, prevention, education and advocacy services for the best interest of abused children.
PLUS...local law enforcement in each of our seven counties and other local children's service agencies...
Secure donations can be made through PayPal.
We are also need of supplies for children, families, and the office. See our wish list.
We are a 501(c)3 agency and are audited annually.